Monday, January 7, 2013

~*~Repairing Vintage Toys~*~Restoring a Vintage Rare My Little Pony~*~

~*~Repairing Vintage Toys!~*~

Restoring vintage toys can be a fun hobby and a good way to save money!

Here are before and after pictures of my restored rare Spain / Spanish Piggy My Little Pony Fresita. (He name means "little strawberry"!)

She had black mold inside, so first I carefully took of her head and cleaned her out and I disinfected her body by boiling her in water.

Then I replaced her eyes, gave her a new tail made out of restored doll hair, and my husband made decal images of her symbols on the computer that he then had printed for me!

First with her eye I was just going to replace the lashes, and I had success with that, but I wasn't able to clean up all the yellowing of the eyes. So I found one doll website that sold the right size sleep eyes (10 MM) and I was going to order then from there, but there was a $25.00 minimum order and I kept putting it off. Luckily I found a doll with the right size eyes at a thrift store for 0.50 cents and I took her eyes out and put them in the piggy.

It was easy to get the eyes out, I just pushed them out by pressing on the inside of her eye sockets. It was harder to get the new ones in... I used a hair dryer to soften the plastic and it took a lot of pushing with my thumbs. My thumbs were sore for a couple days afterwards, but it was worth it!

Then I painted the iris's all black to match the original eyes and they were done!

The decals were pretty easy to apply and they make the symbols look like they were factory air brushed. I then sealed the symbols with matte acrylic varnish. 











Also here are many other before and after pictures of My Little Ponies that I restored.

My Little Pony Restorations


No comments:

Post a Comment